Aa
A
A
Close
DBD degenarative brain diseases
I am a physiotherapist.i saw a patient with poor posture, musculer atrophy, loss of mental function.
patient cant walk, cant talk,no history of CP,patient was ok up to 4 years but later she got this condition gradually.
the first abnormality was seen in this patient was gait abnormality.now the patient is 8 years and six month.
can i say it degenarative brain diseases?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I'm not real sure what your asking. If your trying to put a description in your case notes but don't want to give the disease a name, then yes, you can say it is degenerative brain disease or to name it or identify it as possible ( Huntington's Disease).  

Huntington's disease primarily affects the corpus striatum, a region of the brain below the surface of the cerebral cortex that helps to regulate movement, emotion and cognition.  This is a degenerative brain disease and sounds like what you have described above.  What did her referral say?  If your trying to make a diagnosis or fill in that part of your chart and want to say its degenerative brain disease because you think it is, then I would make sure there has been enough tests to back it up.

I hope this can help and I'm sorry you didn't get an answer sooner. I didn't see your post until today. If I didn't understand your question correctly, repost and I can try again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I want to know is there any treatment for  degenerative brain disease in the world if yes then where and after that patient can live normal life or no
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Degenerative Diseases Community Resources