Degenerative Diseases Community
MRI of cervical spine w and w/o contrast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

I am a 52 year old female who has been dealing with cervical spine issues after being in a car accident May of 2006. I was whiplashed after being rear-ended.  I have had steriod injections, physical therapy, massage therapy, accupuncture.  After no relief and almost two years later have the sensations of my head to heavy to hold up,  somone standing on my shoulders, cinderblocks pressing on my chest, dagger piercing right shoulder blade and right arm falls asleep, tension across shoulders and a constant anxiety feeling.  The family doctor ordered an MRI which I need help interrupting. I am also to get a bone scan before my appointment with the neurosurgeon in March.
Report reads - Discussion
~~ There are desiccated discs diffusely.  Moderate degenerative changes are seen of all the disc spaces. The axial image at c2-3 is unremarkable.  There is a mild posterior disc bulge of C3-4. Disc/osteophyte formation is seen of C4-5 causing moderate spinal stenosis and bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. Similar appearances are seen at C5-6 and C6-7.
Report reads - Impression
~~Moderate spondylosis.  Mild diffuse annular bulge is seen of C3-4 effacing the anterior CSF.  Disc/osteophyte formation is seen of C4-5 causing mild to moderate central canal stenosis and bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.  Disc/ostelphyte formation is seen of C5-C6 and C6-C7 causing moderate central canal stenosis and bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.  There has been progression of this disease since June 2006.
Please interrupt the above for me.  I also need to discuss medications when I see the neurosurgeon and I'm clueless, and need help in that area too.  What works and what doesn't.      Thanks!