Degenerative Diseases Community
Risks of cervical surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Risks of cervical surgery

After feeling mild pain on the extremities of my neck, I went to see top number 1 neurosurgeon in my location who checked my neck and arm motion and asked me to take MRI and X-rays.
After seeing the MRI and X-rays which revealed the following:
MRI results
1.Bilateral neural foraminalstenosis due to diffuse bulge of the annulus fibrosis with associated marginal osteophyte formation; C3-C4, C4-C5, C5-C6 and C6-C7
2.Reversal of the normal cervical lordosis
X-rays results:
Degenerative disk disease at C4-C6. Questionable minimal anterior displacement of C4 over C5 during flexion views
Anterior Spondylosis C4-C6
Degenerative disk disease at C5-C6
my doctor told me he can do nothing for the time being and that I will have to wait and see what the future holds for me.

Anyone been diagnozed with the same problems? Anygone undergone cervical surgery for the above problems?
Please advise if my case as described above necessitates surgery. if so, what are the risks?.
Are there any body mechanic exercises that help for my case? Would conservative treatment help as a substitute for surgery?
Your help is much appreciated.
Thanking you in avance
Tags: cevical fusion surgery, cervical surgery, NECK AND BACK PAIN, neck and shoulder pain, lumbar stenosis, displacement, C3-C4, C4-C5, C5-C6 and C6-C7, conservative treatme, foraminalstenosis, marginal osteophyte, Reversal of the normal cervica
What are your main symptoms?