Degenerative Diseases Community
SI JOINT PAIN ,DYSFUNCTION SURGERY?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

SI JOINT PAIN ,DYSFUNCTION SURGERY?

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD TREATMENT FOR SEVERE SI JOINT PAIN/DYSFUNCTIO?&/OR SURGERY? IF SO, PLEASE WRITE ME!! I GO BACK FOR MY 2ND SI JOINT BLOCK INJECTION NEXT WEEK. I DON'T REALLY FEEL LIKE THE 1ST ONE DID MUCH OF ANYTHING FOR ME!!
I am going in for an SI injection this week.  I have been dealing with pain for over a year and I have finally gotten to the root of the problem but no one knows how to treat it.  The SI dysfunction is a symtpom of my problem.  Have you had xrays of your hip?  Have you had an MRI done?  I would suggest both these because this is what located my problem.  I have misformed hip joints which has led to early osteoarthritis and tendonosis of the iliopsoas mucles.  I would check out the psoas muscle as a cause because this is an under diagnosed cause of SI dysfunction.   I am trying to find treatment to the pain myself but so far pain killers is my only relief.  The pain is getting worse each week and I no one seems to know anything about the SI area.  I am very active in my treatment and I will find the answer that I need so I will keep you posted.  If you find out anything please post.
HELLO, I AM TOO VERY ENVOLED WITH MY MEDICAL CONDITIONS& MY TREATMENT. PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED & I WILL ,OF COURSE DO THE SAME! DO YOU KNOW IF THEY DO SURGICAL PROCEDURES OFTEN FOR SI? I GO BACK THIS THUR FOR MY SECOND SET OF SI INJECTIONS. AND TO TALK TO MY PAIN SPECIALIST ABOUT FIBROMYALGIA?? HOPEFULLY TO GET A TRIGGER POINT EXAM & A REFERRAL TO A GOOD RHEUMATOLOSIT! WISH ME LUCK!
How did the second injection go?  I hope it helped.
Hello, I am going to have the radiofrequency procedure on monday morning! I hurt so bad I don't know what else to do!! How are u doing? I also see my meurosurgeon on mon. morning to find out results of the lumbar MRI I had done yesterday, I really dan't know what to think!!But I guess its only a couple of days-then I'll know 4 sure!  good luck, Brandy
What did your results say?  I am still in limbo and lots of pain.  I am currenlty seeing a massage therapist who works with the whole body.  He thinks that a lot of my pain is muscular imbalance.  We are trying to correct this.  I hope you are with less pain.
Renee
Hello, I have the SI problem to, I been in pain for 11 months now and been from doc to doc and i now found a doc i have faith in, after a year of test he did the right ones, the bone scan showed inflamation (inflammation) of the SI and I go back to him April 2nd I just hope he gets me straightened out fast, do them SI injections work? I had 3 epidurals done last year in my lumbar but that is not where my problem was so it did not work:(  I beleive the injection in the SI will work, how did yours turn out? I am just sick of pain everyday in my butt down my leg!
Hi All,

I have lots of problems with my back over the last 7 mths I have scoilosis, osteoarthriis ect I have hadnerve blocks, sacral and facet joint injections twice they did not work, pain still as bad as before. Being sent from Doctor to Doctor. I am now going to theatre in May for whats known as a rhizotomy this procedure is to sever the nerves in my joints, hopefully this will be the end of all the pain that I have being having I will keep you posted.

Wish me luck.
I have had three injections for my si joint pain ,none worked except the second one for five days. then all pain returned now I am living on pain pills for relief. I am very depressed and going to see a surgeon next to find out if there is a surgery that would help! has any one had surgery for this condition?  wish every one luck!
I have been dealing with SI joint disfunction since a fall in 2007.  Surgery in 2009 relieved the pain completely for 3 mos, then I fell backwards over a construction cone at a theme park.  Since then my condition has gotten much worse.  In Aug. finally made an appointment with my Neuro and after an MRI and CT, diagnosed my screws have come loose and the fusion failed.  It has taken me 2 1/2 yrs of physical therapy and pain pills to have hope again of getting my life back.  I can't go out and walk for any length of time.  No shopping, no sitting for any length of time, no rest at night due to constant tossing and turning.  My quality of life is bad and I've developed Osteoporosis due to inactivity.  Everyday is a struggle!!

I'm having a MIS I-fuse procedure 10/11.  Usually the initial injections in the si joints done under fluroscope, are for diagnosis only.  If the pain subsides for 24 hrs then you more than likely have SI Joint Dysfunction.  Fusion of the SI joints is the only thing that will give you relief.  I hope you can get this resolved much faster than I have!
Thanks for posting your story. I had spinal surgery l5 s1 for bc that's "sciatica comes from". No relief. Five years of neurologist, psychiatrist, and pain doctors. Mentally, I'm shot. I'll try to get this shot to determine if it is ir isn't in the joint but I know it is. What's the last step before surgery? I look like I've survived combat already. The last person that will be cutting into me is a plastic surgeon to clean up the previous disasters.
I'm so sorry that you're also dealing with this terrible pain!  If you get the injections and it helps, most neurologists can determine from the relief you get that you have SI Joint dysfunction.  Go to Sibone.com and there is a wealth of information about the Ifuse procedure.

I'm seeing my surgeon tomorrow to schedule the right side for surgery.  The left has been a success and I'm now fusing, no pain on the left.  Thank goodness.  Hope you get some relief real soon and if necessary, the surgery.  It's made a huge difference on the left and I'm looking forward to being better by the end of the summer and hopefully, without this awful pain!
Can you please tell me a little more about the SI Bone surgery you had    Were you pleased with the outcome    Are you completely mobile ??
I have had complete pain relief and I'm about two months out from my right side surgery.  I had the left done last October.  It's amazing how soon I had relief.  Two days after the surgery my backache was gone.  I've had some healing pain in the sacrum, but now that is gone also.  You do not notice any immobilization from the surgery area.  I can turn over in bed, walk, swim, and get up out of a chair with no pain.  The only thing that I cannot do for another month is ride my bicycle.  I can ride the stationary cycle though. I have to be careful to not allow myself to be jolted so I don't disturb the SI joint.  No falls or had blows to the area!!  Other than that, my life has returned to normal after three years of disability.  I hope you find relief soon!  
i had a si joint fusion oct 10th, 12. it got rid of the pain that was shooting into my groin. didnt do much for the pain in hips or knees.
I am reading posts here that sound similar to my condition. One of my pm doctors mentioned the piriformis muscle syndrome. Read up on this issue and discuss it with your doctor. There is treatment out there IF you can get a doctor to recognize this debatable area of medicine. If they can't see it, they won't treat it (as one doctor told me) BUT this syndrome is real!
Find a doctor who has been EDUCATED in this area. They can treat this issue. I had a Botox injection to the piriformis muscle after years of neglect and I am getting relief finally. Read up on this issue and see if it relates to your area of pain. Then get a doctor who knows about this issue to treat it. It can be done.
Good luck all.