Degenerative Diseases Community
my mri

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

my mri

Hope you can help!  I have pain in my hands, wrists,neck middle and lower back as well as my feet. Can you decipher all this? (I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid and Osteo Arthritis)
I have been experiencing tingling and burning sensations in my hands in the last month. And also the pain from the arthritis. Constant pain in my neck and back with constant muscle spasms.
This is what my MRI says:
At L1-L2 there is a focal central posterior protrusion, which effaces the anterior margin of the thecal sac. There is minimal narrowing of the central canal. The neural foramina are patent.
At L2-L3 there is no significant impingement.
At L3-L4 a diffuse disc bulge effaces the thecal sac. There is no foraminal compromise.
At L4-L5 there is a diffuse disc bulge as well as facet overgrowth. There is mild narrowing of the central canal. The neural foramina are patent.
L5-S1 The central canal is patent the neural foramina are patent.
C2-3 Unremarkable
C3-4 There is mild disc desiccation.
C5-6 there is mild disc desiccation. There is disc osteophyte complex formation producing moderate effacement of the thecal sac, greater right than left. There is also disc bulging and Luschka joint disease producing moderate right and left sided neural foraminal encroachment.
C6-7 There is moderate disc desiccation and loss of disc space height. There is mild disc-osteophyte complex formation. There is bilateral neural foraminal encroachment due to Luschka joint disease and disc bulging
C7-T1 Unremarkable
There is straightening of the cervical lordosis suggestive of spasm
Disc osteophyte complex formation C3-4 C5-6 and C6-7
Moderate degenerative disc disease C6-7
Multilevel neural foraminal encroachment as above
I recently had an MRI, and have the same problem as you. I wanted to ask/tell you about the MRI.  When I had mine, I was in severe pain afterwords with the exact same things you mentioned.  My bones felt like they were on fire. For 3 weeks I was soo miserable in pain. Everyone cept telling me it was immpossible, the machine did not cause pain.  
Did you also have more pain after your MRI?
I did not have the dye.
Also it sounds like you have Fibromyalgia as well.
Thanks for responding! I have had 2 MRI's. I didn't notice a change in my pain levels after either MRI. I have not seen any information that says you can experiance pain from having an MRI.