small disc osteophyte complexes at C4-5 and C5-6

I'm 35 years old,  recently i was experiencing pain and stiffnes in my neck and numbness and tingling in the right arm.  Driving & sitting at my computer at work makes it worse. Weekends are better. My Dr. sent me for an MRI.  
Findings: Intervertebral disc space narrowing is present at C4-5 and C5-6 compatible with disc degenerative disc disease, there is loss of T2 signal in the C5-6 disc consistent with disc desiccation.  the vertebral body marrow signal is within normal limits, no compression fractures seen. The servical cord is normal in size and signal intensity.  the craniocervical junction is unremarkable.  the neck musculature is grossly unremarkable.
Impression: small disc osteophyte complexes at C4-5 and C5-6. No central canal stenosis or foraminal compromise is present.

Can i recover completely from this or manage this well and stop it from getting worse?  What are the typical treament options? Does exercing help or makes this worse... what kind are ok?  Sorry about the long post... but wanted to put out all the details for a correct picture.
I have 2 friends w/c4 c5 stenosis.  They did light traction phys. therapy. ordered by Neurologist.  I unfortunately had surgery by Ortho.  This was 4 yrs ago this month.  I still have pain from it.  Please check all your options & do not let your pain decide for you - use your head.
Dear Sirs;
I had a shoulder injury that dates back to 1994. I had surgery on shoulder Oct 2000. I recovered well from operation and went back to work full time. I continued with pain though since I was using my shoulder muscles to do hair. Then I got pushed down and fell back and hit my head and twisted my neck in 2001. I got worst right after the incident. Started doubling up with pain in my left side and pain and weakness in legs. I finally had to quit working as I got worst. I had to have thoracic spinal fusion done 2007. My surgery seems successful but still have pressure and pain in lower back, Heaviness and pain in legs. Numbness, pain in arms, sometimes a burning pain or needles and pins.
My MRI of  neck shows anterior disc-osteophyte complexes at C-4-5 and C5-6. Iam very concern about my health. Please tell me I can get better and live a normal life again. Do you feel that I should undergo surgery on my neck? Thank you, I await your reply.

Yoly