Is my Oscar fish sick?
Hello
We have had a 4inch Oscar Fish for about 5 months, sometimes he will lay on the bottom of the tank for half a day, but this time he has been laying there for three days, he has eaten a little, but he is not himself at all. When we put our hand in he swims and look oK but soon goes to the bottom again. Is he sick?
I have the same problem with my albino oscar fish! he is the same age and size.  let me know if you find anything out.  ***@****
its just lonly! put in another albino oscar u 2 and it'll be fine!
i have the same problem will they continue to do that or does it stop after time or will they die from lonelyness?????let me know???????
Are their other symptoms (loss of appetite,  fuzz coming off of him, frayed fins, bloatedness, red streaking, damaged scales, bulging eyes, etc)?  Medhelp is great for some things, but doesn't seem to get enough traffic on the fish area and I have no oscar experience.  Go to somewhere that specializes in fish like www.aquariacentral.com
I have a tiger oscar who has significant bite-like marks over his entire bridge of nose and sides.  I have another oscar who has a small bite-like mark!  I don't know if my oscar is sick or not with some type of parasite or bacteria!  has anyone had this problem?
i just got an oscar and all he does is hangout at the bottom of the tank in the corner...he looks dead but isnt. he wont eat and i dont know why? is he sick or just stressed?
From my somewhat limited experience with oscars they are pretty lazy fish, howerever Not eating is a concern.  Visit your local aquarium store- not a multi-pet corporate store like petco or petsmart because they don't know shyt about the animals they traffic.  You need to go to a store that specializes in fish.  They should be able to help you out.   Good luck to you and your oscar.
my oscar has alot of scals missing can anyone tell me what's wrong?
my oscar keeps rolling-like he can't keep his balance upright-any suggestions
This sounds like it could be serious.  Have you spoken with your local aquarium/fish store? note:  big box pet store employees generally don't have the expertise required for a medical diagnosis.  Seek out a good ol fashioned mom and pop fish store or try a specialized online forum: aquariacentral  dawt cawm  is a good bet
We recently got a large oscar in a 55 gallon tank - at first seemed pretty good - although not sure how much he is eating.  Last night he acted like something was hurting and every 5-10 minutes he would go crazy and slam into the tank then lay at the bottom until he did it again.  Didnt think he would make it through the night - but he did.  Anything I can do to help - do not want to lose him??
My fish has a mate, she is pregnant, and has been laying on her side for the past week breathing heavily. It is worrying me, and i can't tell if she is choking, or is in labor, she is really pregnant, and i am really worried about her. Her mate has been staying next to her, kind of with a worried look on his face, and he is fine. I don't want my oscar to die, because she is really important to my family. So please, help me make my fish better!
i have a oscar that is about a  year old and he quit eating about 2 weeks ago and about 2 days ago his fins at the tips turned white and looks like something is eat on his tail. The other fish are fine I put him in another tank to see if maybe the african chiclad was messing with waiting to see how that goes but he still wont eat. Please help me i dont want him to die!<3
if there are visible signs such as bloating,swimming upside down,tail or fin rot the fish might have a parasitic infection,if so got to a local pet store and look for anti parasite medicine,another good idea is to get aquarium salt (for fresh water fish) that could be found at a local pet store it helps reduce stress for the fish.
Hi my Tiger Oscar is acking strange and its scaring me. She won't eat, she is either lying down or floating in one stop of her tank and she looks like she can't breathe, also her fins and tail are all ripped up I don't know what to do, I love her and I don't want her to die on me can some one please help?
I have a white with orange spotted Oscar, I've had it about 6 weeks. I separated it from the other Oscar bc my tanks r 55 gallon and I read to have 2 u need a 75 gallon tank. Tonight it's acting strange!!! It's usually very busy but tonight when I came to feed, it was laying on it's side.... Now that it's eating and I'm sitting here it's starting to act alil better. But I wondered if it was sick r just lonely?
i'm having this EXACT same problem! and i know he's not lonely, because i have two oscars, and they are best friends.. i took him out of the big tank and put him in a 10gal hospital tank. he is about the same size as yours, and albino. Kinda weird that a couple of us have the exact same problem here..
fish can not get pregnant they can only lay eggs the male will then come over and fertilize the eggs and lay over them to help protect them, they act very strange before they lay eggs this is normal if she dose not feel comfortable enough she will not lay them it can take weeks before she lays her eggs
hey I just bought an oscar and he just lie there at the bottom he eat I also give him live food but it doesn't look like he even trys to catch then he still do but he takes hours idk why he is doin this somebody ple contact me if you have an answer
email:
My Albino Oscar is not as active either! Shes has another fish in there..same size but black and orange..so albino is NOT lonely..Can she be ready to lay eggs? I cant even tell if thats a female or not..Can anyone help..
i have the same problem, i know this post is very old and i dont know what happen with your oscar, but im having the same problem and within three days she is not eating and its seam she is dying but she is still breating what shuold i do i love this fish and i dont want her to die !!
Also you forgot to mention, don't use meds while using salt.
Also you forgot to mention, don't use meds while using salt. If you want more information or are just curious about fish diseases here are some pictures. http://www.carolinafishtalk.com/forum/fish-coral-diseases/3-common-fish-disease-picture-included.html
My oscar has 2 small hole by his gills. I put him in my tank 2 days ago and he wont ear help im nervos first big fish!!
I had 2 albino oscars and one recently died but now the other doesn't eat he just stays on the bottom or in the top corner
my tiger oscar is doing the same and he cheases his tail at random is he spooked by something and hides back up in the same coner
I have 2 oscars in a 55 gal tank and the smaller one has stooped eating and his gills seem to expand alot as he pyrses his lips continousley. he has become very lethargargic and stays close to the bottom . Can anyone help i have become very attached . oh they are aprx 2 yrs old