Fish & Aquatic Pets Community
Oranda Attacked by Koi
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your fish & aquatic pets!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Oranda Attacked by Koi

My Oranda was attacked on Sunday by my koi fish. He was kept in a pond with 5 koi and a red cap. They were raised together since babies and never had issues before. They completely ate off his wen, his left fin was destroyed, as was his right eye. He's since been removed into his own tank and has started healing very well except for one thing. His left eye was damaged as well and slightly moved in its socket. Over the last 3 days it has started to film over and protrude upwards. Should I try and remove his remaining eye somehow or leave it to heal on its own? I'm very upset at the potential of him being completely blind, though if the eye was damaged and not working, he's been blind for a few days now and seems unbothered by it, swimming and eating actively. If you didn't know he was horrifically injured, he looks like a normal fish from a distance. Should I remove the eye? Should I euthanize? I did a lot of reading and it seems fish can live fine without their eyes, and euthanization is the LAST thing I want. Please help. ~Oz
Tags: oranda, goldfish, attacked by koi, blind
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fish & Aquatic Pets Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...