General Surgery Community
Knot like feeling 13 weeks post surgery & change in navel shape
About This Community:

This is a support forum for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Knot like feeling 13 weeks post surgery & change in navel shape

I had an exploratory laparotomy for bowel obstruction on the 16th of May. They made a vertical incision and now even 13 weeks post surgery I can feel a small internal knot both at the beginning and end of the incision line. How long does it take to go away? I'm applying coconut oil on the incision twice daily. Does it do anything at all?
Moreover, 6 weeks PO my navel's face has turned slightly to the right(the cut was made under the side where it has turned) with the skin stretching from the left side I'm guessing it takes time to get back in its original shape or is it an early sign of a hernia?
Thanks
Tags: knot like feeling, navel shape, early sign hernia
2827584_tn?1340583296
If you feel the suture knots at the upper and lower ends of the incision and they used absorble suture, it will typically take six to eight months to dissolve. As for the hernia, it is certainly possible as about 10% of midline incisions will result in an incisional hernia - especially when they are done in a semi-urgent situation like a bowel obstruction. A careful examination by your surgeon should give an answer.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Surgery Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank