gas pain
I had a hysterectomy 8 days ago and i have serious gas pain and pain when i go to the bathroom. i have not been able to sleep more than 2 hours a time. What can I do to make me feel better.
If it was laparoscopic or lap-assisted, gas pain is normal and the best thing to do is walk as you are allowed to move it out of your system.  During those types of procedures, they fill your abdomen with gas as part of the procedure.  You might want to try a stool softener to help overcome the constipation caused by the anesthesia meds and pain meds.  Drink water fast.  Eat apples and chew thoroughly for the fiber.  Try magnesium citrate supplements.  
First of all, gas is normal after surgery, but it shouldn't be that bad. Have you contacted your DR about this? When I had my hysterectomy 2 years ago, I had some gas and I also had some aching when I went to the bathroom. The pain was down low. Did they do it vaginally? It might make a difference in how you feel afterwards, That's how they did mine and I know I recovered much more quickly than my daughter did, Drink plenty of water and do call your doc.
I would ask ur Dr what u can take for gas pain, I had a hysterectomy last year and the night sweats are the worst, it will get better over time though, my gas was caused from all of the go-lightly i had to drink b4 surgery i think.