Health Care Reform Community
Keeping Database of Medical Records in Hospitals?

WELCOME TO THE HEALTH CARE REFORM COMMUNITY: This Community is a place to share ideas, success stories and constructive, respectful discussions about how to improve the delivery of quality health care to all patients in need.

My concern has been that I require many accommodations for my disabilities and have diagnoses and treatments that are to a large extent clinically undefined outside of specific researchers and have spoken to hospitals (including ones I have been to, including multiples times) to keep a database of my records and was told that they didn't do this. Most of the doctors I have spoken to in general agreed with this idea and said it might occur in the future and that it would make things easier, including for doctors, especially since records can now be kept in a computer database and don't require extensive files. The question is why don't hospitals do this now and have any specific hospitals or chain of hospitals thought of phasing in this concept or tried?
  • my mama (1 replies):
    i want to call hospice in for my sick mom but hospital w...[more]
  • Medical records (6 replies):
    How can I find 10 years of medical records(Dr.'s appoint...[more]
For this purpose there are many software are available.