Hospice Community
pacemakers and death

WELCOME TO THE HOSPICE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Hospice Care. The goal of hospice care is to provide comfort, relieve physical, emotional and spiritual suffering, and to promote the dignity of terminally ill persons. Topics discussed in this community are: Bereavement Care, Coordination of Care, End of Life Care, Family Support, Home Care, Inpatient Care, Insurance Issues, Pain Control, Respite Care, Spiritual Care, Symptom Control, When to Call Hospice.

pacemakers and death

my 94 yr old grandmother is recieving palliative care and has a pacemaker, how long does it usually take for death to come, it has been 5 days since they stopped all liquids, she has oxygen and meds for pain that is all and at the risk of sounding bad the family is becoming worried about her comfort.
It took my mother-in-law 4 days to pass away after they took food and liquids away. She was on morphine and it took only 4 days.  God Bless you and your family.