Serious Neck and tremor
I have had neck problems since the age of 23. It started gradually and has been getting worse since then. My neck hurts at the base of my skull and there's a lot of bone grinding right in the center of that area when I move my head from side to side. The muscles are always tense and rigid, while my spine going down from the base of my skull has inflammation and pain. The muscles sometimes feel cramped, and my neck pops a whole lot. I also have a tremor problem that causes me some loss of control to my head, facial, and blinking eye movements and loss of balance and coordination. I am fine as long as I am moving at a high rate of speed, but moving or sitting can be a problem to control my head motions, so can walking slowly. The balance and coordination problem seems to come from that centered area where my neck meets the base of my skull. It has extended over the years to include pain at the top of my head and I can actually feel pain when I press down on that portion of my head with my fingers. Now it sometimes seems to cause circulation problems when that area at the base of my skull is really tight and I get dizziness and like the room is spinning. Sometimes I get sharp pains in my head from it and the dizziness and pressures affect the front area of my head and concentration. It can cause me to have some very foggy thinking to the point where I can't focus. Exercise does help some. Coffee and any caffeine makes it incredibly worse. It tightens the muscles up more, and increases the pressure and levels of anxiety. Also certain foods like tomato sauce which cause me to have major heart burn cause inflammation that can cause pain to my face, neck, and other joints. The only past problems I have had are surgery when I was six to fix a dog bite to my face by a German Sheppard, and I do have major TMJ in my jaw. It also gets irritated when I am on the computer so I can't sit for too long. I seem to be able to look at people and control my movements better when looking at people to the right, but when I look at them to the left the pressures and chances for dizziness increases. When I stretch my head to the left it reaches my shoulder just fine, but to the right I have to pull it more, almost like my neck is misaligned. Most military doctors ignored me and threw muscle relaxers at me instead, which never worked. They took X-rays, but they never revealed anything, however, a civilian doctor I saw later on after getting out told me it looked as though I had the onsets of arthritis in my neck, but it wasn't very clear, or to early to tell. That was two years ago, but now the symptoms are getting worse. What is going on with me, any advice will help?
I also have tightness in my throat and my limphnodes always feel swollen. Sometimes its hard to swallow. I have had acid reflux/gerds diagnosed a long time ago. Just thought adding whatever I can to figure out this issue.
Hi Marksman071: Sounds like you have a lot going on and you may need to speak to a neurologist expert. Since, this is the HD forum it doesn't sound like anything you are experiencing is HD but I do think you may get more answers from talking with an expert in neurology. I know that TMJ can cause a lot of pain and discomfort. I'm wondering if your TMJ has anything to do with what you are experiencing or if everything else is causing the TMJ. I'm sorry for not having much more information, but I do recommend you keep asking for advice in neurology. Good luck.