Lymphedema Community
Cellulitis or muscle???
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cellulitis or muscle???

For almost 2months now I have had a red/slightly swollen area on the top of my right foot. It is about 2" long x 1" wide. In the shower (hot water) it gets darker. There is only slight discomfort but I feel it both when I'm standing/sitting/walking. When walking there is greater discomfort. I was wondering if this something related to cellulitis or if it would be more related to muscle/tendon damage, and how I could treat it.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sound like it could be a number of different things. Did you injure it? If so it is most likely a bruise. you could be wearing your shoe too tight on that foot and causing bruising. Also could be a blood clot. Blood clots are dangerous and need to be treated by a physician. Is it burning or itching? If so it could be athletes foot or a skin infection. You really should see the doctor to find out what it is.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be due to bruise, hematoma under the skin, vascular disease or infection under the skin. I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and then start the treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lymphedema Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank