Cellulitis or muscle???
For almost 2months now I have had a red/slightly swollen area on the top of my right foot. It is about 2" long x 1" wide. In the shower (hot water) it gets darker. There is only slight discomfort but I feel it both when I'm standing/sitting/walking. When walking there is greater discomfort. I was wondering if this something related to cellulitis or if it would be more related to muscle/tendon damage, and how I could treat it.
Sound like it could be a number of different things. Did you injure it? If so it is most likely a bruise. you could be wearing your shoe too tight on that foot and causing bruising. Also could be a blood clot. Blood clots are dangerous and need to be treated by a physician. Is it burning or itching? If so it could be athletes foot or a skin infection. You really should see the doctor to find out what it is.
It can be due to bruise, hematoma under the skin, vascular disease or infection under the skin. I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and then start the treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.