Lymphedema Community
lymph nodes
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lymph nodes

I have a swollen lymph gland on back of neck I woke up with it and it seems to get better the longer I am up, I did have a slight sore ear about 2 days ago but I have antibotic (antibiotic) drops that I did put in it and that seemed to work, I do have ear problems all my life, why does the swelling occurr during the nighttime? should I take anything for it or just warm compresses applied to the swelling or just leave it alone and hope it goes away?
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
If you have ear problems then yes, it can result in swollen lymph nodes. At night when you sleep, the extra fluid including lymph accumulates in the dependent areas of the body due to pull of gravity. This fluid drains when you stand up and move around during the day. Also the antibiotics you put in the ear help cure the reactive inflammation. Despite all these possibilities, you also need to rule out the possibility of a cyst which can increase and decrease in size. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lymphedema Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...