Medical Ethics Community
Between you and your Doctor
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE MEDICAL ETHICS COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Medical Ethics issues such as Abortion; Genetic Engineering; End of Life Issues; Off-Label Prescribing;

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Between you and your Doctor

A couple more states will be voting on Doctor/Patient Assisted Suicide this Nov. What are your feelings on the subject? It would be legal after getting a six-month or less to live px. Personally I do not have a problem with it. I was so grateful to have it for my father when his colon cancer became unbearable. His hospice team worked with the family and were so wonderful right through the end, letting my father pass on without pain or suffering with his dignity intact. It made a what could have been so unneccessarily tragic death, a peaceful  & tolerable experience for all of the family. How do you feel about it?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
Well, to each their own on this but I would never vote for it.  I could never ever do that to someone I loved.  No matter the circumstances.  And I've had some pretty rotten circumstances.  
Blank
1118884_tn?1338596450
I'm for it....and if given opportunity would vote for it.

Quality of life is what is important at any stage of life.

What is wrong with lessening suffering as we face death?

Unnecessary to extend suffering and pain...makes it hard for the spirit to prepare to leave body.
Blank
I totally agree with you !! Quality of life is not important to our health care system,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medical Ethics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...