Military Health Issues Community
His baby will be born while he is deployed

This is an un-mediated community for discussions relating to health issues of soldiers who served or are serving in the military. Topics include, but are not limited to Amputation, Anxiety, Back and Spinal Injuries, Benefits, Burns, Biological and Chemical Exposure, Bone Injuries, Depression, Disabled Vets, Gastrointestinal Injuries, Head Injuries, Health Insurance, Infections, Infectious Diseases, Mental Health Issues, Post Traumatic Shock Disorder (PTSD), Resources for Vets, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD), Vaccines, Wounds-Other

my sons being deployed to only God know where early August.His first child is due Nove 11, he has mentioned many times how much this bothers him, Im fairly certain he will be in mid-east as he is an artilliary man. I being his mom am worried that this distraction will cause him some negative problems. Should I be....I know he will have a lap top we can send pictures etc....this may sound stupid but I really dont know is it better to frequently keep him posted on baby , or would it be better to not talk about baby as to not draw his mind to it? be honest please/
I would keep him posted on Baby I think it is good for their minds when they have other concerns to be able to focus on his Family back home, in times of stress it will ground him and he will have positive thoughts if chaos(and I hope Not) is raining all around him.Having said that you are his Mom and you know best of anyone how he will feel so in a way you have to go with that gut feeling.Good luck to him
My fiance is in the military, going over in february. He was recently away for 3 months. When he left i put together a package of movies him and I watch and some other things to remind him of home, as well as pictures we got done before he left that he hadnt seen yet.
Though this is a different situation, he told me seeing the pictures kept him possitive and thinking of me, when he was missing me and home and not knowing when he was coming home. It is definitly a great idea to talk about his baby as much as possible and pictures, if you can, maybe a video of the birth (if he wants that sort of thing...most men are grossed out by that part) Good luck to him, my man is artillery also. Pretty safe trade, thankfully (knock on wood)
I would keep posting pictures of the baby just show he can see his son/daughter i think it would make him feel better if he can see his baby since he can;t be here..
All the best. Im thinking of you and your family. Much love.