Military Health Issues Community
I am not sure of my Military Doctor-

This is an un-mediated community for discussions relating to health issues of soldiers who served or are serving in the military. Topics include, but are not limited to Amputation, Anxiety, Back and Spinal Injuries, Benefits, Burns, Biological and Chemical Exposure, Bone Injuries, Depression, Disabled Vets, Gastrointestinal Injuries, Head Injuries, Health Insurance, Infections, Infectious Diseases, Mental Health Issues, Post Traumatic Shock Disorder (PTSD), Resources for Vets, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD), Vaccines, Wounds-Other

I am not sure of my Military Doctor-

I am a military member, and for the past few years I have been suffering from something my doctor is calling anxiety. I don't know that I trust his opinion. It started two years ago, when I started getting really nervous while driving. I started to notice that I felt as if I were drunk, my heart started to pound for no reason. The best way to explain it is, like the fight or flight response in our bodies, then an adrenaline dump. All EEG's are normal, and I don't drink or smoke.
Currently, this condition has continued into to the feeling like I am about to die. I experience this daily now and it's tiring. The other night I felt like I was hit in the face while sleeping. The left side of my face was hot and I instantly
went into a panic and felt uncoordinated.
I went to the E.R. and they did a CT scan. It was normal. The problem is I always feel drunk and uncoordinated, then I panic. This is effecting my daily life. I have no history of head injury.
Any help would be great..
Next time you go to a Doctor ask if it could be Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) many Miitary service members suffer from this and Physical symptoms are very prevalent after combat and  trauma. Also GAD,( General Anxiety Disorder) another one with Panic...If this gets really bad and you cannot function they will prescribe anxiety meds like Xanax ...when this happens try to distract your self stop any bad thoughts as it is always our thoughts that trigger any negative feeling ,in fact its impossible to experience any negative feeling without first creating a corresponding negative thought.A lot of folks with panic and anxiety find early morning hard, so when you feel it creeping up, cos thats what it does, distract, ground your self, refuse to allow anything negative to enter you head. It will become a habit if you do this and will help you long term, I also advise you to see your Doctor...Good luck let us know how you are doing..