Nutrition Management for Pets Community
Labrador Retriever's Death Mammary Tumor

This community is for questions and support regarding Nutrition for your pets.

My Labrador Retriever undergo surgery last July 2, 2011 but died after couple of hours with cardiac arrest..She was about 9years old, healthy in body (maybe obese).. then one time we found out that she have abscess in one of her nipples.. then as time passes by it grow bigger and bigger. She gave birth thrice but the litter didn't survive at least three weeks old. I tough that it is because the litter zipped in the abscess nipple so they got poisoned, something like that.. Then we decided to go to veterinarian for her medical check-up.. they found out that it was a mammary tumor. Immediate operation happened next.. by then my dog was so weak, she can't walk after the operation but the veterinarian told us that we can go home with our dog without dextrose, then after a couple of hours she died... I was so disappointed on what happened to my lovely dog! We paid around $100 for the operation. Do the veterinarian has responsible for my dog's death? or it was our fault to bring him home? Do I have the right to sue for legal action? thanks and God bless..

This discussion is related to Dog died after surgery, WHY?.