Ostomy Community
Protruding stoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Protruding stoma

I can not wear jeans or anything tight around my waist area because I feel my stoma protrudes to far out.  Has anyone had and or has this same problem? And how did you rectify it? I would really appreciate any suggestions you may have.  
There are very many positives to having a protruding stoma because it makes the wafer less likely to leak.  If this is permanent and not a temporary stoma, you may one day look at getting it revised surgically.  How far does it protrude?
Find Jeans with pleats in the front buy lose fitting shirts and let them hang over the jeans, pants with pleats also help