Ostomy Community
want to have a reversal done

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

want to have a reversal done

I want to have my illeostomy reversed. i was only supposed to have it for 6 months and it now has been 61/2 years. i  am tired of it leaking and want to try life without it for a while. I was diagnosed with corhns when i was 32 and i am now 40.  
Has anyone had this done after quite a few years? Any suggestions?
Would love to here from you.

Vic1121
i had my ileostomy reversed in jan. i had it for 1 yr after getting pneumonia, blood poisoning, and organ failure, i'm now fine. i couldnt

wait to get rid of that bag. The op went fine, though its bit painful when you wake up, i dont regret it, and i'm used to going to the loo bout 5 times a day now. good luck. you'll be fine
Do you know of any charities or surgens that can help me with my reversal because I cant affored mine.I DONT want to go the rest of my life like this Im only 28 years old.