Bunny ears
Ok I've got a rabbit who is 5 years old. He is NOT a lop eared rabbit. I think he's a mini Rex. We are not sure exactly what breed he is though. With it being winter I know I get very dry skin and can start getting scaly skin. For him his ears get very dry and scaly. Often it gets to the point where he scratches and licks at them till they get red and raw. Is this something I should be concerned about or is it like humans when they get itchy dry skin?
It may be some kind of eczema or if he spends time outside, he may have picked up some skin mite. A trip to the vet may help. They can do a skin scraping to check for parasites. Or if he needs some topical cream, they'll prescribe something safe to use on rabbits. Don't try using any over the counter human medications. In the meantime, a humidifier in his area may help.