Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
Bunny
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bunny

I have a holland lop rabbit.  She is about 5 months old and real sweet bunny.  Lately, she lays on her side, motionless and I think she is dead.  I go over by her and she is slow moving.  Then, a few minutes later, she is hopping around, as if nothing were wrong.  She is eating fine, and everything else.  Is this normal?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
My bunnies would occasionally relax so much they'd stretch out on their side. But as soon as I touched them, they would hop back up. If your bunny is slow to respond or has trouble getting up, I'd say take her to a doctor. She may be sick or she may have injured herself and it hurts to sit up normally or move back onto all fours. Has she jumped off the couch or been chased lately where she could have injured her back or hips?
Blank
1095600_tn?1333826607
The fact she is so young and getting up slowly is a little concerning. However it may just be she falls asleep and is just groggy and tired (like us early in the morning) but it is slightly concerning. My bunny often does this laying on his side, and staying so still he scares me into thinking he might have died.
Go get her checked out, would rather take her in to find out she was just sleepy and waking up slowly than not take her in and find out later it was something serious
Blank
She might be constipated! they do that because they are in discomfort! I would take her to a vet to get her checked because that can kill a rabbit really fast! hope she gets better soon!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...