Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
guinea pig sneezing 3-5 times daly
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

guinea pig sneezing 3-5 times daly

oh my god  my guinea pig sneezing 3-5 times daly and i dont know what to do i dont have wood shavings as bedding not drinking too mutch water and eats a lot i got her 4 days ago plz help
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
If it's a cold, then it's caused by a virus and has to run its course. But you don't know for sure if it's a cold. I've had plenty of guinea pigs over the years and have found that if they're the least bit chilled or in a drafty area (under a heating/AC vent for example or near a window) they tend to get sniffly. Keep her in a sheltered area away from breezes. You can see if she improves but again, we don't know exactly what's causing the problem. It's a risk to ignore it but only you are on the spot, can see how she's behaving. Don't wait too long.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
She should be checked by a vet. Is there any nasal discharge? Since you just got her, a checkup would be a good idea.
Blank
no not any discharge and the sneezing is getting wore i think its cold any ideas how to fix that
Blank
no not any discharge and the sneezing is getting wores i think its a cold any ideas how to treat that
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
If it's a cold, then it's caused by a virus and has to run its course. But you don't know for sure if it's a cold. I've had plenty of guinea pigs over the years and have found that if they're the least bit chilled or in a drafty area (under a heating/AC vent for example or near a window) they tend to get sniffly. Keep her in a sheltered area away from breezes. You can see if she improves but again, we don't know exactly what's causing the problem. It's a risk to ignore it but only you are on the spot, can see how she's behaving. Don't wait too long.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank