Senior Health Community
Hi Doctor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Hi Doctor

For the last several years I have developed spots on my lower legs. I sleep on my side, sometimes with one leg laying on the other or just at the ankle. They come every winter & leave every summer. They itch & seep occasionally & are bright red. One is 1 1/2" around. I've tried every over-the-counter medication & nothing works. What are they & how do I get rid of them??? Thanks
Hello Christinerae,

Welcome to the Senior Health Forum. I am glad that you found us and took the time to post. However I am sorry that you are experiencing these symptoms.

I am sorry to inform you that there are no physicians on this forum.  I am not an expert so my comments should not be viewed as medical advice or a medical opinion.

I wonder if your condition is related to a circulatory problem? These conditions and their symptoms can become more prominent in the winter months. Ppl that have a diabetes can also be more prone to these problems.  

Have you seen a vascular physician? If not you may want to consult with one. I assume you have discussed this with your PCP (primary care physician).  If not that may be a good place to begin...and than request a referral is he/she is unable to get to the bottom of your symptoms. Please don't ignore them. They may be nothing to be concerned about but in my opinion you should have them clinically evaluated.

You may want to search of Forums again and post on a Physician headed one. You are always welcome here but if you would like I can request to have your post moved to another forum. Please let me know.  

I hope you will keep in touch with us and let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your updates.

Take Care,
~Tuck