Senior Health Community
cysts (?) in palms of hands
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cysts (?) in palms of hands

I have lumps growing in the center palms of my hands and also one growing on my left outer ankle. Are they cysts? why are they growing?  Should I have them removed? What type of doctor should I go to?
Related Discussions
547368_tn?1332173665
Hello Bunny,

Please excuse my tardy response. My father passed on in my home the date you posted your question. I have been busy and grieving.

Your lumps do sound like cysts of some sort, possibly ganglion cysts. Obviously only a physician can determine what they actually are.

You should be ok consulting your PCP (Primary Care Physician). He or she can evaluate them and refer you on if needed. A general surgeon is also another physician that could answer your questions. Choose which ever one you are most comfortable consulting.

In my opinion once you have had them evaluated and if they are found to be harmless you can than make a better choice as to if you want them removed or not. If they are simple cysts and they are not bothersome you may not want to have them removed. However if they are bothersome or cause you discomfort than I would most definitely have them removed.

Please let us know what you discover and what you decide.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Senior Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703