Senior Health Community
mrsa???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mrsa???

My dad , who just died, about 1 week ago developed mrsa.  He was tested positive for it in the hospital.  He had a bed sore on his back sideso we assumed that it was the location of the mesa.  We were told to wear gloves if we touched him or the bed linens.  
My dad was elderly.

The nurse told me that a lot of us are positive for it and it just lays dormaint.  

Have any of you ever had it?  My daughter in laws, sister, young and just had a baby has tested positive for it.  How do you get it?  Would she have gotten it in the hospital?  How dangerous is that for her newborn babv?  
She has had one round of antiobotics and now tested positive again.  

Just wanted to hear some of your stories. On mrsa
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Yes. I am one of the unfortunate ones. It is the bad news bears.  It is very, very dangerous. It cost me thirty days in a hospital on an IV line, for starters.
Blank
did you have a sore that had the mrsa?  
Blank
is mrsa contagious only by touching the patient or the sore?  or how is it caught???
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
It is extremely contagious. Under normal conditions physical contact with an infected area is necessary.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Senior Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...