Transplants Community
Blurry eye post cataract surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Blurry eye post cataract surgery

& months ago I had cataract surgery on both eyes with Toric lens implants.  The right eye is fine and is fitted for distance while the left eye is blurry, and is fitted for near vision.  My doctor said to "get used to it".  It is annoying.  Am I always going to have this or can something be done?  
How near is the near eye? What is the final prescription of both of your eyes uncorrected? I perform this very same surgery for many patients, but I aim for the dominant eye to be distance prescribed with very little to no remaining astigmatism and the near eye to have approximately -1.00 to -1.25 myopia and very little remaining astigmatism. The questions I would ask your surgeon: do you still have much astigmatism? Do you have irregular astigmatism (higher order aberration)? Do you have too much difference between the 2 eyes (why I aim for only -1.25)? If the patient has remaining astigmatism or has too much difference between the 2 eyes, then the chances that they will "get used to it" are slim and more likely to lead to an unhappy outcome. There are usually some remedies, but you may need a second opinion. Good luck and be kindly persistent.