Transplants Community
RN
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

RN

I have a high creatinine , low GFR  39, low carbon dioxide.  I use c-pap machine at night.  Im 61 years old, weight 170 lbs.  I exercise a lot.  . Do I have a  kidney problem?
Hello!
Creatinine is a waste product secreted in the blood. In kidney conditions the kidneys do not filter creatinine from the blood resulting in high creatinine levels. GFR is used to measure how effectively the kidneys filter blood. Altered kidney function, dehydration, acute tubular necrosis, atherosclerosis, high protein diet all can cause high creatinine levels. People who have one kidney such as transplant recipients or kidney donors are more susceptible to the effect of dehydration on creatinine.It has been observed that while on CPAP few people may develop fluid retention and impaired renal function. PEEP may reduce urine output. Fluid retention can be due to decreased renal blood flow. It is important to rule out these causes when evaluating high creatinine levels. Seek medical help. Do write to us again.
Take care and best luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Transplants Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank