Urinary Tract Infection Community
Aches and chills

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Aches and chills

Yesterday, I started feeling a UTI coming on.  I have had them before so I knew what it was.  Later that evening, I started getting chills and feeling achy (similar to having the flu) but with no fever.  Are these typical with a UTI?  I know I have had these symptoms before, but I don't remember if they were at a time when I had a UTI.  A brief internet search shows some sites that said yes and some sites that said no.  I'm getting antibiotics from the doctor, but I thought I'd ask on the forum until I can get in with her.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you?Were you able to treat your infection? You are right in saying that UTI can present with chills, as well as urinary frequency,  urgency and dysuria. Some experience no symptoms while others do not experience all symptoms. Drinking  plenty of fluids may help. Take care and best regards.