Urinary Tract Infection Community
Bacterial Vaginosis
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bacterial Vaginosis

I have been suffering with Bacterial Vaginosis for many months now and is really getti ng me down, i thought it was a UTI but im getting a fishy odour now. My gp prescribed me  a cream to insert which help for 10m days, now the odour is back. Please can u recommend something, or herbal

Thankyou

Michelle
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
889551_tn?1331946140
You need to see your GP again. If the cream didn't work to clear up the infection, you might need an oral antibiotic. I had BV while pregnant, and they gave me Clindamycin (generic for Cleocin) and I had an allergic reaction to it. They then gave me Flagyl, and it cleared it right up. I would try to get a round of oral antibiotics.
Blank
Hello,
Bacterial vaginosis is the most common cause of abnormal vaginal odor and discharge. Diagnosis can be confirmed after pelvic examination and microscopic examination of the vaginal discharge. Treatment is by metronidazole and clindamycin. They are available as pills or vaginal gels or creams.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urinary Tract Infection Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank