Urinary Tract Infection Community
Does a UTI cause a white coating on the tounge?

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

I have a UTI and I am on antibiotics but I have noticed towards the back of my tongue there is a slight layer of white stuff forming. It doesn't hurt of create any kind of irritation, I'm not really sure why I checked my tongue in the first place but now I'm worried!  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
After using antibiotics there can be a tongue infection with Candida albicans a yeast infection. These medications can cause thrush by allowing the fungus to overgrow on the tongue. An  oral thrush infection scrapes off and leaves a reddened area compared to a white coating from buildup of dead skin cells on the tongue when scraped with a tongue depressor .It is best to see  a doctor and get the diagnosis confirmed. Treatment will be specific based on the cause. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Yes, could be candida, best cure : try ozonated water.  It kills bugs and also candida