Urinary Tract Infection Community
HELP!

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

HELP!

Hi I am 19 years old and i began having sex 6 months ago. I have had many problems in the past year and in particular this month. I've been fatigued all year and i have no idea why. Also I was having severe lower back pain with the fatigue. On February 11 the pain got excruciating in my lower back and I came down with a rising fever of 101. I went to the ER and they did a UA and found out it was a UTI. They also did a pelvic exam which was extremely painful and told me my cervix was very inflamed. They treated me for PID and a UTI with oral antibiotics and tested me for STD's (test came out negative). After finishing treatment i went to my primary care doctor who gave me muscle relaxers and something to relieve the inflammation. I also got blood tests that all came back negative.  After all of this i still have a low grade fever and back pain and i also have pain during sex and when inserting a tampon, and the fatigue is still there too.
Can anybody help me!?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Pelvic inflammatory disease is one of the conditions causing painful sex and pain in lower back. You have already been treated for it as you mentioned but it seems you may need additional course of antibiotics and the condition is not completely cured. Other causes of painful sex and back ache are endometriosis, fibroids; cysts on ovaries etc.You may need repeat evaluation for above mentioned conditions. See a gynecologist and get a checkup done. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!