Urinary Tract Infection Community
Possible UTI or Worse?

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Possible UTI or Worse?

I'm a 22 year old male and a week ago I developed what I believed to be a yeast infection (through my GF). I started using ant-fungal cream and took the Canestan pill and the red/soreness on my penis went away. However, a few days ago (around the time the soreness cleared up), I started getting a burning/stinging sensation on the tip of my penis. I have to pee a little more frequently, and, although peeing doesn't hurt, it's a strange burning sensation. I've also noticed my urine stream kind of split into two (it that makes sense). I've had UTIs in the past, but never like this and never for this long. I also find that I feel fine when I wake up in the morning, but when I go to urinate, the symptoms return.

Just a note: no discharge, no itchiness, and no blood.

What should I do? Do I keep applying the anti-fungal cream and drink lots of water/cranberry juice and just wait it out or go to the doctor?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GU infections, inflammations, trauma, ulcers, erosions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!