Urinary Tract Infection Community
chronic prostatic
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chronic prostatic

dear dr,
here is my story,,,,,about a month ago i had french kiss with a girl(no sexual penetration) . 4 days after that i felt a tickling n burning sensation in my urethra without any any pain or frequent urination,and the colour of the urine was abnormal.i went to a dr,did a urine analysis and urethral swab for std.the stds came out negative but a lot of leukocytes was detected.dr concluded its a uti(urinary tract infection),,he prescribed me norfloxacine for 5 days...while i was on the medication,the symptoms was stable neither worst nor better.around the 8th or 9th day,i felt cured,without any sensation.did a a urine analysis,which came out to be normal..but about one and a half months,the tickling n burning sensation came back again,,i ran to the dr,did a urine analysis,,,dr said the result is good but there is process going on,,he doubted that it may be prostatitis,,he referd to to an utrasound of kidney and prostate...there,they found some kind of fibrosis in my prostate and concluded its chronic prostatitis...with all the results in my hand i went to see a urologist,he did a digital rectal examination,he also confirmed its chronic prostatitis,and said its not dangerous and no need for further test,,,he prescribed levofloxacine 500mg for 28 days and refered to undergo physiotherapy for 10 days..on that same day i went to see another urologists,which happened to be head in the urological department..after analysing my results,he tore the prescribtion into pieces and told me no need for any antibiotics or physiotherapy,go and live a normal life,,,i was in full doubt,a lot of things was going in my head,,came back home,all the symptoms went away,,but was very paranoid,,didnt know what to do,,take it for 28 days or not,,,so anybody out here,can advised me what to do plz???i heard also that there is a lot of side effects with levo,,,anybody has ever taken levo for 28 days??plz help,,,im 25 years old,a bit weird to have chronic prostatitis at this age,,,plz advise me