cystex overdose?
how much cystex can you take safely at once?  I've still been having pain after this UTI and my doc won't give me a new antibiotic after 10 days of cipro and 3 packages of cystex.  I weigh 180 pounds and it has 166mg of sodium salicylate and methenamine.  nothing else works and I'm still in pain and having cloudy urine.  I'm taking 5 tablets at once which is about 800mg of cystex and aspirin
I feel like cystex works better than cipro for my infection, maybe I have cystitis or some diabetic disease?
bacteria can't develop resistance to formaldehyde/cystex
You really need to ask your pharmacist and inform your doctor you are self-treating .. it's never safe to do that in my opinion.

C~
I told my doctor and I don't think he cared and he kept on insisting on a urine test even though I was in bad pain.  finally he gave me amox/clavus for 7 days but I think the UTI is still there
it was weird the UTI didn't respond that well even to the 5 tablets 2x/day of cystex which is close to this 1g dose, I think I still have it