Urinary Tract Infection Community
cystex overdose?
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cystex overdose?

how much cystex can you take safely at once?  I've still been having pain after this UTI and my doc won't give me a new antibiotic after 10 days of cipro and 3 packages of cystex.  I weigh 180 pounds and it has 166mg of sodium salicylate and methenamine.  nothing else works and I'm still in pain and having cloudy urine.  I'm taking 5 tablets at once which is about 800mg of cystex and aspirin
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I feel like cystex works better than cipro for my infection, maybe I have cystitis or some diabetic disease?
Blank
bacteria can't develop resistance to formaldehyde/cystex
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
You really need to ask your pharmacist and inform your doctor you are self-treating .. it's never safe to do that in my opinion.

C~
Blank
I told my doctor and I don't think he cared and he kept on insisting on a urine test even though I was in bad pain.  finally he gave me amox/clavus for 7 days but I think the UTI is still there
it was weird the UTI didn't respond that well even to the 5 tablets 2x/day of cystex which is close to this 1g dose, I think I still have it
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urinary Tract Infection Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...