Urinary Tract Infection Community
hernia with 1month UTI, shooting pain

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

hernia with 1month UTI, shooting pain

thanks for your help!  the urologist found a groin hernia and I had a month long UTI with shooting pain in the lower abdomen.  the abdomen sometimes still feels a little sore in one area/bladder when I strain and I get burning urination still.  I went through 7 days cipro, 7 days amoxicilin and 120 tablets of cystex, azo pheno stuff seemed to help
do I need to have surgery soon?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
A hernia per se does not cause urinary tract infection. You need to get yourself evaluated by a urologist for your UTI and get your hernia repaired. A urinary tract infection or kidney stone may cause pain in the groin and can be mistaken for hernia pain. You may need additional tests like ultrasound scan and urine culture for correct treatment of UTI.Discuss your queries with your doctor and keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
so the hernia surgery won't result in permanent groin pain some percentage of the time?
it was really difficult having the shooting pain and the UTI, I'm going to take more cystex methenamine
thanks very much!  it's really difficult to work because of the nausea I don't know if it's from the hernia, but I don't feel any pain usually in the groin.  I just wish I didn't have so many health problems messing me up and ruining my life and career
I'm curious what could cause such bad shooting pain with a UTI?  I've never experienced this and am not active