urge to urinate and burning after
I want to know why I woke up with the constant urge to urinate and after I finish it still burns and I feel extremely uncomfortable. I did have intercourse with my boyfriend 2 days ago but most of the time this feeling does not ever happen. Why is this happening and what can I do for the pain?
UTI is urinary tract infection and no gender is spared. The cause of most UTIs is bacteria that initially settle (colonise) around the urethra (urine tube), and then ascend into the rest of the urinary tract. Factors that can cause this to happen include incomplete urinary emptying, hygiene of the urethra, urethra narrowing, bladder reflux disease (usually due to leaky valves between the bladder and ureter tubes that connect to the kidneys and diabetes etc. Drinking adequate amounts of water and fluids can help in relieving the symptoms of UTI.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.