Women's health
In 2005 I had a Monarch Transobturator sling put in for urinary incontinence. My obgyn told me that the sling in eroding thru my vaginal wall. Should I have the sling removed?
You should talk to your doctor and a surgeon about that. It can cause problems with pain, scar tissue and infections depending on the degree that the sling eroded through.
You need to get advise from your Urogynecologist and also get another opinion from another Urogyne as well in order to make the right decision for you.  Some women have part removal of slings/mesh and other have full removal but this will depend on your own situation.  You have had your sling for some time now and may need to find out just how much can be removed plus, you may be getting infection from the part that is eroding through your vaginal wall which will make this more urgent as a decision for you.

Make sure you see a good Urogyne and consider your options before you decide.  

I am sorry you are having so much trouble from your Monarch sling.  Get back to us and let us know how you get on.