Adults with Special Needs Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to basic needs, caregivers, day-to-day living, education and learning, family and friends, financial issues, insurance, hearing loss, medical Equipment and assistive technology, motor and movement, speech and communication, transportation, and vision.
1 - 20 (of 159) questions
Cause I can't drive a truck or car cause of it or I am just afarid too.
2 answers |
A few days a go I noticed some lines in my leg wear the skin is tight, and it’s over a skin graft. Here’s an image of it https://imgur.c...
Is there any side effects , my doctor said only one but I have forgot , I took 2 tablets
Amplified noise sensitivity in adult daily making daily functions very challenging or impossible...any ideas? Going on since childhood a...
7 answers |
My sister, she has a rash eczema rash. I took her to many hospitals and did many tests, but still could not find the cause. I posted th...
i ask u that how i gain gain my weight my current weight is 46 and my desire weigth is 65
2 answers |
my son has 5 disabilites and is on omeprazole for acid reflux, he goes 2 or 3 nights a week not eating his dinner (although he has lunch ...
2 answers |
My 23 year old daughter who has downs syndrome was married not long ago. She and her husband both have mental disabilities. Today they ...
2 answers | 1 comment |
He is 90yrs. Takes ensure (13g protein) in the morning n afternoon. Ensure blended together with fruits.He takes about 4-5 glasses of whi...
1 answer |
My dad had a stoke like 8 years ago. When it jappened he lost his speech,the use of his right arm but was able to walk but the right leg ...
Must be Dallas, Texas area. Must have experience with special needs adults.
|
Hello. I have recently 'inherited' a 38working year old (10 year old mindset) person and am looking for some advice. Let me tell you ab...
7 answers | 1 comment |
I'm 39 Weeks and worried about my baby's father. He is very tall and tends to run into things with his long arms and legs. I guess I just...
6 answers |
My elderly mother is in a nursing home in the memory support unit for those with dementia related issues. She has paranoid schizophrenia ...
5 answers |
any reviews on thIs medication?
1 answer |
I have a 20 yo dtr with aspergers..we live in Albany and I am looking for social activities for her. Thank you.
Is there a way to involve an adult with special needs in a group like Moose or Elks? Do they feel even if they can't do a lot of the acti...
3 answers |
I need help and suggestions for my parents. They are late 60's-70, and my 30 year old brother with special needs lives with them. He is...
3 answers |
I have multiple medical issues, but most at least I have a direction to head in...Basically, I had lots of problem going through school -...
1 answer |
my son has downss, he is 26 yrs old and over the past few years he has got violent and aggresive towards me, what can i do? please help
2 answers |
Top General Health Answerers
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Adults with Special Needs Community
238 Members
159 Questions
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.