Ostomy Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.
1 - 20 (of 350) questions
My surgery was 11-18-16 and I prolapse after 4 weeks . I am now prolapse 24-7 anywhere from 4 to 7 inches ! I must stay laying flat on ...
1 answer |
Does anyone know anything about fungus growing on a stoma? What should I do? It is flaky and yellow
My father has had a colostomy for over 40 years and has had surgery changing him to an ileostomy. Over the past 40 years, he has used ba...
1 answer |
My stomach is level with my skin. When I use the two piece wafer and bag, the wafer is too rigid and pulls away from my skin, even with ...
2 answers |
Hi all, One of our major concerns is bag odour and gas/wind. I have tried liquers, branded colostomy products, simethicone and charc...
1 answer |
I am writing to ask if you could publicise our new group on Facebook. We are a group of people who have for many different reasons ended ...
I am 3 or 4 weeks post surgery with a descending colostomy. I cannot seem to keep the wafers, or barriers as some call them, attached. ...
I am 4 days post op and my rod was accidentally removed. Anyone experience this? I am being told that not all surgeons use the rod anyway...
I am an attractive middle-aged woman. I have had the ileostomy for a year. I am wondering if it is possible for a woman with an ileostom...
8 answers |
Hi there all, i have had my whole large intestine removed and have had bag for past year while having treatment my question is , has any...
2 answers |
I HAVE BEEN HAVING APROBLEM WITH BLOOD FROM MY STOMA IT HAS HAPPENED 3 TIMES NOW ABOUT ONCE A MONTH, AND ITS QUITE A BIT WITH CLOTS EVEN,...
3 answers | 2 comments |
I am a month in with my stoma and a couple weeks ago I began getting a rash due to leaking around my stoma. I do have sensitive skin. It...
There are white canker like sores on the stoma, does any one know what these could be? They also bleed, we are wondering if the Crohn's i...
Hi everyone. My Gran just had an op to close her ileostomy loop but is now suffering from acid reflux. Is this common? What will help the...
I had the surgery 23 years ago and it doesn't seem like the food is in me long enough to absorb the calories, but here I am, in my late 5...
I had my operation around 9 months ago and have had around 4 barium enemas to see if I had healed enough for a reversal. It has been arou...
18 answers | 3 comments |
I have a illiostomy and I have normal rectal discharge but whenever I push while having rectal discharge blood comes out but when I don'...
I have an ileostomy and was wondering if there is any benefit for me to take probiotics?
I am to have surgery for colon/rectal cancer in a few weeks. The surgeon is to remove 12 inches of my colon/rectum and says I should hav...
I just had an episode where I was cleaning - sometimes I squeeze a bit to make sure nothing voids while I'm trying to apply my device - f...
Ostomy Community
387 Members
350 Questions
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem