Beauty & Cosmetics Community

Facial waxing

Last week was the first time i waxed my facial hair and i got Folliculitis and i was wondering if i should wax again? and if i can wax again is there anyway to prevent getting folliculitis?

xx.
hello,
You can wax again but obviously making sure the Folliculitis is completely cleared. Did you get antibiotics?
When waxing you MUST make sure the area is completely cleansed-apply the wax with the direction of the hair growth, firmly push the strip again in the direction of growth then hold the skin taught pulling sharply away from hair growth.
When all hair is gone apply an afterwax lotion or aloe vera gel with cotton wool making sure not to touch the area or have heat treatments for the next 12-24 hours.
Folliculitus isnt a reaction its an infection so if its done properly you should be fine.
I would advise getting your waxing done professionally.
Hope this helps

Freya x
hey ...
yea i actually did get it done professionally im to scared too do it myself hehe... but yea after u have written i've realised maybe it was cause i kept touchin the smooth skin .. maybe thats why. Yea i used savlon on it the next day when i saw it all come. I hope savlon is alrite for it?
I suggest a different type of wax for sensitive skin. See what people don`t realize is that every individual has needs for different types of waxes...
I sugest you to try www.belezawax.com they have a special line for sensitive skin... Check under facial wax

Take care.