Brain Health Community
681 Members

CT Scan Brain

I will be getting an mri done (hopefully soon) but of course I am impatient and want info yesterday. I had a CT scan with contrast, then they took out the IV and did another scan of my head. This is what my report said:
Small ill-defined area of increased cortical/subcortical density and apparent enhancement within the anterior aspect of the right frontal lobe. Everything else was fine. It said unknown etiology and recommended mri with and without contrast.
What are the possibilities here?
I understand that you are impatient and want to know what the hell this is. I would too. But try to stay calm, it might just be an artifact on the image. You know that these machines don't really take photos, the imagies are calculated from a lot of data before presented as a series of photos. So errors do occur. Whatever it is there is little point in worrying. Easier said than done maybe. But wait for the MRI and let the doctors decide what this might be. It might be nothing.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.