Aa
A
A
A
Close
General Surgery Community
320 Members
13188303 tn?1441074893

Found a lump in Breast, feeling VERY anxious, what could it be ?

So today i was doing a self examination and I felt a round hard lump the size of my thumb under my left breast under my nipple. It does hurt when pressed and does slightly move when i try moving it, of course the first though that came to mind was possible Breast Cancer the thing is im 20 years old and I have heard that it is rare for woman my age to get it, but it is a possibillity , ive been trying to look up what It is online and things like cysts or lipoma are popping up, I would usually go to the doctor to check it out but my health insurance expired , I just need an idea of maybe what it could be as I am feeling very anxious and stressed about it , any comment or idea on this helps,thank you .
2 Responses
I'm retired RN and never worked in a women's clinic but 20 is awful young... I remember an old saying about if it's movable that's a good sign but you know insurance or not you have to see a doc even if you have to go to the health dept, thing are changing... blessings to you.
13188303 tn?1441074893
For anyone reading this post in the future it turned out I had fibrodenomas which are benign tumors and cause no harm ! And very common amongst young woman if it can bring a little peace of mind to people then that would be awesome :)
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
80052 tn?1550346932
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.