General Surgery Community
320 Members

Found a lump in Breast, feeling VERY anxious, what could it be ?

So today i was doing a self examination and I felt a round hard lump the size of my thumb under my left breast under my nipple. It does hurt when pressed and does slightly move when i try moving it, of course the first though that came to mind was possible Breast Cancer the thing is im 20 years old and I have heard that it is rare for woman my age to get it, but it is a possibillity , ive been trying to look up what It is online and things like cysts or lipoma are popping up, I would usually go to the doctor to check it out but my health insurance expired , I just need an idea of maybe what it could be as I am feeling very anxious and stressed about it , any comment or idea on this helps,thank you .
I'm retired RN and never worked in a women's clinic but 20 is awful young... I remember an old saying about if it's movable that's a good sign but you know insurance or not you have to see a doc even if you have to go to the health dept, thing are changing... blessings to you.
For anyone reading this post in the future it turned out I had fibrodenomas which are benign tumors and cause no harm ! And very common amongst young woman if it can bring a little peace of mind to people then that would be awesome :)