deedeeperry

I have a yellow patch on my left eyelid. My son told me about it about three months ago. I couldn't see it, but three days ago I saw it. It is getting larger.
Doesn't itch or no pain. It is light yellow and swollen
Hello Deepdeeperry,

Welcome to the Senior Health Forum. I am glad that you found us and took the time to post.....but sorry about your eye-lid problem.

I am far from an expert but I did some reading and found a sin condition, eye-lid related called Xanthelasma. It is described as a raised yellow patches on your eyelid(s). They can appear due to age. They are harmless but on occasion they can be indicative of high cholesterol.

Please don't take my word for it. There are certainly other possibilities. Our eyes are precious and problems with or near them should not be ignored! I hope you will let us know how you are doing. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Best of Luck and Take Care,
~Tuck
It could be harmless and could be a sign of liver disease. I would go for a liver function test. That's just me.

You need an evaluation by an M.D.

You are reading content posted in the Geriatrics Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life