seniors

Are any of you over 78, and do you get on the internet and read different columns, also do you enjoy using the computer for anything, besides health issues  thanks to all  jo
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes i am completing my 78 in september 26.I pass my time  on computer only.subjects self-improvemnent subjects, men's problem,finance, yoga,etc.I have to use magnifying glass to read and type with my glasses.I don't know what i would have done if computer was not avalable.
Helpful - 0
Good for you. I enjoy reading the different columns and answering questions, i wish nore of the seniors would do this i think they would enjoy it   jo
Helpful - 0
After answering your posting i went to your profile. I liked what i read. Your frankness and boldness were evident. i am sure we will meet at varopis columns.
Helpful - 0
I will be 82 years old on the 15th October 2009.  The computer has helped me these last few years. I play games, look up all medical names and see what side effects they have and what people say in the forums. I first started in 1998 and will keep going until I drop ! Ha Ha
Helpful - 0
I am 78 and will be 79 on 26th september. I am using computer and doing suring since last 5 years. I am also doing on iline share trading occassionally.
I am suffering from Age-related - macular -Deterioration and my eye sigh is wead. The feature of magnifying text and spell  check allows me to use the computer for 5 to 6 hours a day. I do not know what would i have sone without computer and WWW
Helpful - 0
Sorry to read of your trouble but where there is a will, there is a way I can see that you have a strong will. Try to keep active. My big worry at present is that I am suffering from Shortness of Breath and I had so many doctors & Consultants and Professors to tell me from where this is coming but none have been successful so fa  rFinally they took more blood samples and I am waiting for the results..
Helpful - 0
Have you tried pranayam, a yoga technique of breathing? You can get guidance from some yoga t teacher.
If doctors have not found any thing may mean that you do not have any serious geriatric disease.This alsd means that you can do some holistic therapy to help you.
Helpful - 0
Many thanks. I will look into it. Best regards.
Helpful - 0
I am so glad to see another senior on the computer, i do hope lots more will write in and let us know if they enjoy it as we do  jo
Helpful - 0
Chest breathing is inefficint breathing whereas abdominal breathing more efficient berathing. If you try abdominal breathing(abdoman swells instead of chest),breathing is easier and more air goes in. It had calming effect. If not tried so far, you may try it.Of course continue treatment whatever you are taking.
Helpful - 0
Thanks. I am taking nothing to fix my SOB. At first the doctors thought it was an allegy, so I took allergy pills. Then other doctors said it was due to my acid reflux, so I had a month to correct this, although I never had any problem with acid reaching my throat.  I am continually hoarse and  when I talk I have to make an effort, Then I have to stop because I go out of breath. Sometimes I wonder if it is all due to nerves. I have been to a Neurologist  & after an hour of testing every inch of my body, he wants  a blood sample to check if I have some problem from the spine  behind my nech which is effecting my throat. Of course at my age my spine  must be worn out but I have no pain. My weight is going down mysteriously. From 85KG in March to 74.5KG. I will soon vanish !! Ha Ha Thanks for your advise.
Helpful - 0
I have related my problem on mens sexual health. One response so far. We hope for more
Helpful - 0
where can I read whst you related please?
Helpful - 0
I am sure your doctors have checked for thyroid issue. If not , you can remind them.
Helpful - 0
I happen to come across some breathing exercise. It appears to be quite simple. you may try it.
Practicing Belly Breathing

Find a comfortable place to sit down. Make sure you are wearing thin and comfortable clothing. Now, place your right arm on your stomach, and breathe in the following manner.

1. Breathe in through the nose, counting two.

2. Hold, counting up to four.

3. Breathe out through the mouth, counting three.

As you breathe in, feel your stomach fill up with air and expand outwards, and as you breathe out, feel your stomach deflate.

Do this ten times, three times a day for the next one week and see how your health improves.

Happy Breathing for a Healthy LIFE.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Geriatrics Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life