Huntington's Disease Community
35 Members

do i have Huntington

I'm 29 and my mother was just recently diagnosed with Huntington I know I have a 50% chace I do but I'm not sure if i want to know...i suffered from postpartum psychosis 3 years ago after the birth of my third child and still take meds for depression and bipolar...am I high risk for Huntington
My dad was diagnosed with huntingtons disease when I was around 13, I'm 20 now. That's given me a lot of time to overthink and research, however nothing I have come across says that anything can increase the risk, you either have the genetic 'mutation' (I hate that wording, sorry) or you don't. I've questioned whether anything can increase it so that I know what to avoid but as of yet there is no evidence to say that anything does.
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research