Aa
A
A
A
Close
Lymphedema Community
147 Members

Swollen nodes w other symptoms

I am a 25 yo female and I have had multiple swollen lymph nodes in my neck for about 6 months now. When I initially noticed them, I had lost about 25 lbs in 1 year without trying. The only other symptom I had at that point was consistent phlegm in my throat. The next symptom was pretty intense headaches that would occur multiple times a day but would not last more than a couple minutes. I have also developed pain deep in my ear (sometimes left, sometimes right), random pains throughout my body that seem to be coming from the bone, and within the last couple months I've noticed lumps on the back of my tongue that seem to be getting larger and spreading. I've had a CT scan and MRI which showed swollen nodes but my dr. wasn't concerned because they were on both the right and left side. I have had blood work tested  that has come back normal. I also went to an ENT who decided to do a biopsy on the base of my tongue because my right side was a bit more swollen than the left; that came back showing it was only reactive tissue. I've had multiple severe sore throats since the biopsy which has been negative for strep and abnormal bacteria.

Has anyone else had similar symptoms or know what could possibly be causing this? I can tell something isn't right with my body and my doctor is not sure of the next steps so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.