mole like bumps on ferret???

My ferret milo has gotten these black mole like things all  around his neck!? it started like a week ago and since then has gotten worse, they seem to multiply. I would take him to the vet but i dont have the money for it! is this something serious or what? Please help!!
They're developing that quickly? Sounds like some kind of skin parasites. Not just your run-of-the-mill fleas either. Most rashes and fungal infections show up as red, inflamed and weepy. I just don't know.

How is he behaving? Still active and alert? His appetite OK? I doubt this is something you can treat on your own. Is there a ferret group in your area? Perhaps they've seen this before and can advise you. I deal with mink and weasels but I've never seen what you're describing.
Wow...that sounds pretty disturbing!

Try posting a question in the Ask a Vet expert section here at MedHelp.   You can post in either the Pet Skin Problems forum or the General Health forum.

Good luck!!

You are reading content posted in the Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community

Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.