Caroli Disease associated with congential hepatic fibrosis

Hi all,
   I'm a liver transplanted patient living happy life now. But I want to understand why my liver got affected. Because 'm a tee-totaller. So when I saw my discharge summary I get to know I was affected with Caroli Disease associated with congential hepatic fibrosis. But when I search this in net. I got few information which I was not able to understand . Only thing I get to know is it's an genetical disorder. Can anyone please explain it and what is the risk of this in my child life.
Hi Yench, there are many of us like yourself with strange diseases that catch us unaware. I have a disease that also leads to severe portal fibrosis, and a transplant with be the end result.

Have your doctors tested you for any autokmmune conditions? This is a frequent cause and will be hard to track down on occasion.

You are reading content posted in the Transplants Community

Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.